Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Kim D"Eri, Manager of Poverty Reduction Partnerships



I can’t tell you how much I appreciate the support of the food box participants.  They are doing a fantastic job of living the experience and sharing their thoughts.  The hunger awareness message of Caledon is definitely getting noticed.   Thank you.

Now that we have your attention, I want to take advantage of this two minutes worth of spotlight.  This campaign is intended to share three key messages with the community:  

1.   Yes, Caledon does have a food (bank) support program.
A lot of people say to me, “I didn’t even know. “ Now you know.

2.   There are over 800 local people using this service.
No one chooses this lifestyle.  Life situations sometime get in the way i.e.: families separating, job loss, illnesses, etc… People just need a helping hand up.
3.   Call us to see how you can help. 
These participants have played their role and now it is your turn.  Eighteen more volunteers are needed.  Many hands make light work.  It doesn’t matter how much or how little of time you have to offer.  There is room for everyone to get involved. 

Call me at 905-584-2300 x202 or email me kderi@ccs4u.org to find out more.   Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment