Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Richard Paterak, Food Box Challenge Participant

I am finishing my second day on the CCS's Food Box Challenge.  It has taken some discipline to not snack between meals.  However it doesn't take me long to get into a dietary rut.  

With that in mind I repeated Day 1 menu on Day 2.  The menu was quite simple but not necessarily the perfect dietary approach: a cup of coffee for breakfast, peanut butter sandwich for lunch, and for evening meal I prepared some sauteed onions added some cooked rice, some turtle beans stirred in, and once it got nice and hot I added two beaten eggs to the mixture.  Served on a plate, I added a dash of tabasco sauce for zip.  It was a big plateful and satisfied my appetite.  

Tomorrow evening it will be tuna surprise----pasta, tuna, and a can of cream of mushroom soup stirred in.  I realize this is supposed to be a hardship, but I have not been hungry and I have enjoyed my sandwiches and meals.  If there is a problem with the Food Box Challenge, it is that the challenge is not long enough, because the novelty of eating a monotonous diet will take a few days to sink in and unfortunately the challenge ends on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment