Tuesday, May 8, 2012


Layla Panjeta, Food Box Challenge Participant

After a hard workout last night, the first thing I wanted to do was grab a bite of something, ANYTHING. I debated eating my apple, but thought I’d probably need that for my afternoon snack sometime this week.

As I laid down to sleep last night, I could hear my stomach grumbling. It got me thinking, tossing and turning. I began to think about a lot of clients that I meet with who sometimes say that they would rather starve themselves, as long as their children have been fed. This is real, this is their life and last night I felt like I was living it.

One simple thing such as food can bring stress, anger, happiness, togetherness and it’s that one basic need that we all need to thrive and to live.

If we look at Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, you need to fill the Basic Needs before you can move up the pyramid in fulfilling Safety Needs, Love & Belonging, Esteem and Self-Actualization. The reality is many people struggle to move up the pyramid and reach the ultimate goal of personal achievement.

Day 2 is almost over; I’m feeling a bit tired. I hope the pasta keeps me full for the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment