Tuesday, May 8, 2012


Bill Rea, Food Box Participant

As of 9 a.m. Tuesday:

In some ways, this is working out to be easier than I thought, although the week is still young.

My resolve not to bother with lunch yesterday and wait until I got home at night actually held. I promptly dug into the bag for the box of crackers (part of the $8 expenditure). The couple of crackers, with some Cheez Whiz on them, hit the spot.

My wife Beth made an interesting point. My eating habits tend to be sporadic. I basically eat if I’m hungry or if time permits. If neither is the case, I find I can go without for some time. She thinks that might work in my favour in this exercise, since she figures people who are more regular in their eating might have more of an adjustment to make.

Dinner last night was small, but again, it hit the spot.

I fried one egg, put a spoonful of Cheez Whiz in the middle, folded it, and voilĂ ! A mini-cheese omelet. That and a piece of toast, and I was good to go.

Breakfast this morning was another piece of toast and a large glass of water. Bring on the day!

I think the hard part of all this is the snacking, or lack thereof. I’m too used to just trotting down the street to the variety store for some junk food when I get a little peckish, or running to the fridge at home.

On the other hand, this might turn out to be a healthy experience, in more ways than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment