Thursday, May 10, 2012


Layla Panjeta, Food Box Challenge Participant

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Although I do find I’m getting used to this. I’m feeling pretty good today, but have been craving my fresh fruits and veggies!

A lot of family and friends have been taunting me with, “Hey, lets go out for coffee”, “Want to go out for dinner?” or asking me, “Would you be mad if I got a Big Mac and ate it in front of you?”. No. No. No. I’ve really been practicing my self control; I thought I’d cave in at some point this week but nothing, zilch, zip, nada. Even though some people have been testing me by eating a bag of chips in front of my nose, I have been receiving a lot of words of encouragement and support to get through this week.

I hope that this initiative has become the talk of the town, and encourage many people to get involved with the Food Support Program. By creating this awareness, we can all bring our skills and knowledge to provide these families in the community with proper nutrition, education on cooking, planting and also sharing recipes that will be helpful for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment