Tuesday, May 8, 2012


Marco Cesarone, Food Box Challenge Participant

Day 1

Today was the official Kick Off and once again it provided me with much more insight, and reinforced my decision to participate in this event.  I enjoyed the participant’s experiences and stories that they shared.

As I drove home It was difficult to drive by the many food establishments, knowing that it wasn’t a choice anymore.  The food I had, was the only food I could eat.  That instantly hit home.

I spent my afternoon putting together my list.  Planning exactly what I was going to eat on a daily basis.  Taking each pack of soda crackers and dividing them up, to ensure that It would last me the week.  It won’t be easy, but I’m committed to doing this,  and doing what it takes to get through the week.

I have close to 300 Colleagues at Zehrs pulling for me every day, and most importantly I have close to 300 Colleagues that are now much more aware of the CAUSE.  Isn’t that a GREAT thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment