Friday, May 11, 2012


Marco Cesarone, Food Box Challenge Participant

Day 4 -  Thursday May 10th

I can see the light............one more sleep !!

So the headache continues, the body can sense the anticipation, and my craving for fresh fruit and vegetables is getting stronger by the minute.

The wrap session is indeed tomorrow (Friday May 11th ) at noon.  I must say, this has been quite an experience.  It has provided me with a wealth of knowledge and a better understanding of what some people go through in their everyday lives.

As a store manager of our local Zehrs store, I now have the opportunity to directly speak and hopefully influence close to 300 people.  These colleagues working in the store actively participate in three main food drives a year, and not only work together to collect food, but also have consistently achieved one of the highest cash donation amounts in our district.   The most recent ended a few weeks ago with a total collection of $1,643.00.   There is great potential here, and the experience this week has made it clearer to me that we can still do more.  The POWER of people working together as ONE, all for the same purpose, and striving to achieve the same goal.

I would like to personally thank Caledon Community Services and specifically Kim D'Eri for giving me the opportunity to participate in this event.  My commitment is to continue to be a true partner in the community, and ensure that all 300 of us at Zehrs play an active role in making the lives of many people, better each and everyday !

No comments:

Post a Comment