Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Matthew Strader, Food Box Challenge Participant

Day 2. Lesson 2.

I'm not big on cheating.
We're talking food here - but that works across the board.
I'm not a hit the drive thru on the way home dude is what I mean...but I can be.
I've never denied myself any type of food. Not that I'm personally wealthy enough to eat shark meat, escargot and caviar for dinner - I just don't diet.
I don't believe in it.
I eat what I want, and I maintain balance between what I ingest and the amount of exercise I do.
So, if I feel like an ice cream on the way home, I indulge.
Whatever, I'm not going to run 10 K every few days and not allow myself indulgence. Right?
But what if I can't?
What if I couldn't, ever?
I never really noticed how many drive thrus there are on my way home.
I didn't count, but it's a lot.
I apologize to the guy in the Suzuki I almost rear-ended reading the sign about chocolate-banana milkshakes...
And I'm allergic to chocolate...
Today I wouldn't have cared. I would have drunk the entire thing, lid off, pouring it all over my face.
And it's been two days.
I'm going to find a way to help.
I don't know how, and I've been full of beans (little pun for everyone on the challenge) before, because my schedule sucks and I simply don't have time.
Or so I've said.
I'm going to make time.
It isn't fair that I have the ability to have that milkshake whenever I want, and some simply don't. I'm not that special.
That's lesson number two.
Make time...
Share a milkshake with someone who deserves it...

No comments:

Post a Comment